SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 12 January 2008

Light, in darkness..

Don't fully know what prompted me to do conduct this 2am study.. it was perhaps due to the distinctly brass nature of my friday night venture. Either way, I decided to experiment with shutter speeds again, and minimal light, and see how long it took for a small light to fill a room during the expectancy of an exposure... Here are my findings.. All these pictures were taken in the dark, with only the primary light affecting the shot..

P1230671
Bedroom light, quite dim... 10 seconds I think..

P1230673
Phone light, 20 seconds. Same room.. obviously totally different colour..

P1230674
Phone light again.. 20 seconds, I imagine..

P1230679
Lamp, 10 seconds.

P1230680
Fridge light, 20 seconds.

P1230681
Door open.

P1230682
Door closed.

P1230683
40 seconds. For this one I turned a lamp and a overhead light in an ajoining room on and off quickly over the space of the exposure, and this is what happened.

P1230684
Stairs up with the light from my bedroom.. 20 seconds.

P1230685
50 seconds, using the light from the street..

Wow, just re-read my post and suffered a massive crisis of confidence as to whether I was really about to post this!? Well, someone may find it interesting, for all the others, it'll be glossed over in a matter of days..

I guess you had to be there to appreciate the darkness, but it weas bloody dark!

Oh god..

5 comments:

Kevin Lanre said...

Incredibly dope...Does me liking it make me a bore?

:(

Josey Rebelle said...

hey, i find it really interesting too..more than interesting. don't stop! you're proper passionate about your craft, that'll always be appealing.

the fridge was my favourite. but that's cos i'm a greedy bitch. also the stairs to your room. that's because i'm a lazy bitch.

looking forward to the next installment...

:)

Matthew Schnickens said...

Greedy and lazy?!?! And more of the seven deadly sins you'd like to confess to the world, Josephine?

Josey Rebelle said...

you'll find out soon. very soon. mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!

KESH said...

HHEAAAVYYYYYYYYYY