SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 16 February 2008

Friday evening. Concrete & Breakthru

After the tastiest pieces of fillet steak, beer battered onion rings, jacket potato coated in sea salt and olive oil and salad dinner I began making arrangements for the night ahead. Hitting Breakthru as standard, I called heads to arrange a meeting point to find almost everyone was flopping. Spoke to Ollie and was informed of a party at Concrete (formerly Boiler Room) I hadn't been since the refurbishment so with a promise of guest list I promptly washed up, shaved and left the house.

Forgetting how much of a mission the place is from the city centre a 25 minute walk later I arrive at Concrete to find it empty. Finding Ollie, Greg and Vinyl is... DJs in the back room playing to the bar staff and sound engineer. I was impressed with the tune selection from the boys considering it wasn't my regular drum n bass or dubstep selection. I still needed my fix of drum n bass! Snapped a few pictures, claimed a free beer and chilled until around 11.15.

P1030150

Hopped in a taxi and got to med bar for 11.30 a busy but not heaving breakthru greeted me, with Randall and Doc Scott on the decks already I jumped straight into some dancefloor action. Deep nasty selection from the two OG DJ's absolute screw face business! big up randall dropping the Benga and Coki - Night (Sound boy remix)

Popped over into the Kitchen to catch some of Emiles set, as per usual big selection and big tunes just a shame the dubstep room was empty!

emile

Back to med bar for Kasra at 1, a perfect set. Tight mixing, deep rolling bass just the set I was in the mood for, no silly skanking business here just lean against the speaker and feel the bass! One of the sets of 2008 for me so far on a liquid tip.

Switched over to the dubstep room again to catch Appleblim. Starting off with a down tempo chilled few tunes he quickly switched up dropping some big big tunes. 3kout got me bouncing! just a shame the damn room was empty! guess what Xtra-C says is true... we goto "Deadstep graves not dubstep raves"

P1030220

Finally back to the med bar for the last few tunes from Breakage then up stepped residents Dan B and Pez. Again the consistent deep rollers flooded the dancefloor thoroughly enjoyed the last hour had a nice and chilled skank...

P1030230

Randoms and crowd shots:

P1030249

P1030247

P1030213

mirror mirror 2

P1030235

P1030228

Breakthru back to its best, top selection, good vibes and friendly faces!

Paix

1 comment:

@greg_bntl said...

Looks like a sick night Witts, quality photos as well !