SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Ali Shaheed Muhammad In Kilburn


A few days late, I know.

It's been a long while since my last post but life is dull and not worth talking about... or so I thought! It was said last week that the great Ali Shaheed Muhammad of A Tribe Called Quest/Ummah/Lucy Pearl would be holding down the wheels of steel at The Westbury, Kilburn on Sunday gone. Being a fan, I couldn't not go although there was deliberation prior to the event as money is a cunt but it was sorted by the one like Applebum we'd be on concession list so we wouldn't pay as much to get in, which is always appreciated. Thanks love. So, with that said plans were made on the day to meet. Everyone of course was late but that includes myself so I hold no grudges. I met Shan 50 minutes late at Kilburn Park station where he waited patiently, we then urgently made our way to the venue where we met a moderately long cue which shortly shortened. Once entry was made we saw young Wally Luck along with Maliha and Nicole. Jordan and Kareem joined us later that night.
I tell you, the place was RAMMED, it was a surprise to everyone how I managed to keep my jacketS on the majority of the night without sweating buckets as I often do. The night started off quite slow but eventually picked up once the man headlining the night showed up and threw down some SERIOUS jams... Shaheed's selection was nothing short of brilliant. He had a mixture of classic Hip Hop along with some newer underground hits. He threw in some Funk joints that I expressively enjoyed. He was even bold enough to play some 80's and 90's slow jams I found myself reminiscently singing along to... Good times.

The night there ended for us at around 2am, it finished at 3 but as crowded as it was in there we couldn't stand to be in there any longer. Once Shaheed's set was over, so were we. Shan, Wally and myself took the N98 back to central where there was deliberation as to whether we were going to some super secret party going on in the area until 6am. None of us knew where it was but Shan had a vague idea. We took a pit stop at a kebab shop where Shan picked up chips & curry sauce, Wally and I surely accepted an offer by Shan to nab a few chips. Once that was done I decided I couldn't be bothered to be traipsing around central, in the cold, looking for a party we weren't guaranteed to gain entry to so I left my two compadres for the ever entertaining N29 and made my way back to the ends. And so ends my night. I'm yet to find out whether or not they made it to the undercover shubz. Holla at me!

End result= DECENT NIGHT, FAM!!!

The man of the hour.


DSC03776

Nicole: Possessed by the music.

DSC03778

Shan: Intensely releasing deadly gases.

Me: Showing my appreciation of vaseline or advertising my need for it??

DSC03814

Bound by the music.

DSC03784

Wally Luck: Throwin' up his native gang signs.

Jordan & Kareem: Chronic influenced posing.

Bonita Applebum & Ali Shaheed Muhammad: Being Bold & Courageous.

2 comments:

Matthew Schnickens said...

Pics and write up is dope man.. The sideways pictures add an abstract perspective to things, I like it I like it.

0325-- said...

why does Nicole get "Possessed by the music" and I end up with "Intensely releasing deadly gases"? that's a cheap shot guv, a cheap shot!

hold tight all decent humans in tow, particularly Wally Luck; Americana trailer trash street prophet.

word to Karina aswell, shame no shots, but safe passages love.