SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 6 March 2008

Finally I get round to blogging the weekend

A week of tiredness, laziness and busyness. New developments at work have tired me out this week. The factor of failing to go to bed at a reasonable time to get up at 6am in the morning doesn't help either. So finally I’m here with photographic evidence and few words (due to memory) of my weekend.


Yes it is Thursday night and yes I am extremely excited at the prospect of Skream, Benga, N-Type, Lomax, Heist and many more to grace the Medicine bar of Birmingham tomorrow night!

So my driving lesson on Saturday taught me round abouts and I found them pretty easy, combining the fact I had seven hours sleep I was in a good frame of mind to drive and it showed.

Doing my Mother’s day shopping was next on the list, purchasing slipper to co-ordinate with my mother’s dressing gown as requested, flowers, Thornton’s and a card ticked all the boxes so I left town to relax for an hour or so.

The main attraction of the night should have been "The National Drum n Bass Awards" at the Q club, but for many reasons it just didn’t interest me. A predictable list of winners, the normal "big rave" line up and a lot of whack mc's. Not mentioning the sea of "gurning chavs" you would be sure to encounter.

So the night’s entertainment would be provided by Nextmen at the Rainbow. Arranging to meet Midas at 10.45 he rolled into town at a modest 11.20. Arriving at the Rainbow for just gone half past we paid our entry fees and went to the bar. From the bar we headed to the back, some old skool hip hop, funk and soul was being mixed up and Nextmen were due on for 1. We chilled for a bit well for an hour or so, finally Nextmen stepped and for the next hour and a half played a mix of hip hop, funk, soul, dubstep, drum n bass, reggae and old skool. Some very serious mixes, the place erupted to Rusko - Cockney (when doesn't it?) and some silly mash ups wowed the dance floor.

Leaving the rainbow at 3:30 my fellow comrades ventured to "Below" a minimal night for people with plastically enhanced bodies and like to wear sunglasses indoors, not really my flex.

I decided I may as well go home and got walk on to the taxi rank around the corner, while the taxi rank "organiser" and the taxi driver bickered over which taxi I should get in I noticed some "indie" type kids down the road the suddenly remembered "Tuc Shop" was on and fellow blogger Ollie and the rest of his gang were there. On entry I saw Jon, Lola and Rob (size, ex-size and offspring represent) and briefly chatted to the drunken three-some. I ventured inside to a busy but crazy Rooties with the Vinyl is... DJs Ed n Dom pon deckle, no wait pon macle?

Anyway the pair were destroying the minds of the crowd with some serious dance action at the front. Ollie pointed my arrival out to Lucy the promoter/"DJ" (please notice the quotation marks) of Naked Lunch, and she wanted to talk to me about the caption I left on here about their set at Med Bar a week ago. "We don't mix we dance" after quite a long chat we both had our points across and the peace that was never really broken was, well still peace? By the time we went back in the music had be switched off and the place was emptying. The majority were heading to a house party in Kings Heath so we jumped in a taxi and headed for the supposed house. Hours of chilling, chatting, randomness proceeded until venturing to Ed’s house at around 9am, after no sleep. Ed decided not to answer the door, or more like couldn’t function to open the door (boy was he fucked) so we drove round to Lucy’s house where Ollie confiscated her bed leaving her no choice but to sleep on the rug in the front room, some may say harsh? Anyway Greg caught 40 winks in 40minutes we woke Ollie and drove home.

Vinyl is... WASTED

I got in at around 10.30, gave my mum her gifts and went straight to bed!

No comments: