SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 15 March 2008

Friday night was Poor

For my first visit to Horizons @ Q2 I wasn't expecting too much after hearing the first night was empty but I thought I would pass through for an hour or so then head to Med Bar.

Got to the entrance and 10.50 and the venue wasn't open yet, apparently the sound engineer had fallen asleep and turned up late, wonderful!

Gaining entrance at around 11.05 noticing the no hats no hoods door policy (although I had spoken with Matt(Tek Prime) the promoter who said it would be cool to wear your cap inside just take it off when you get searched). Whilst entering the venue the intelligent doorman enquired as to what was in my camera bag, as the bag was open and the camera was staring him in the face I resisted the temptation of a sarcastic comment, "A camera" I replied, he asked "What for?" I couldn't bite my lip this time, " Why else would I have a camera, to take pictures for fucks sake", he replies "don't be cheeky, do you have permission to take pictures", I notified him yes and he let me through.

After climbing the stairs I reached the room, an empty space with the decks positioned on scaffolding above the dance floor. Stood briefly at the back for around 5 minutes, it was weak then all of a sudden and door man came walking towards me and removed my cap and proceeded to walk down the stairs with it, "What are you doing?" I ask, "No caps" he replies, I ask for my cap back and he replies "You'll get it back at the end of the night", what the fuck my reply "This isn't fucking school give me my hat", he tells me to follow him and walks to door hands me my cap and and tells me to leave. Another fine example of the absolute WASTE security the Q club provide, even the other door men were surprised at what this cunt had done.

Well it was a good excuse and leave for Med Bar early anyway. I must retort:

FUCK THE Q CLUB, I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN THAT VENUE EVER AGAIN

Anyway, jumped in a taxi to Med Bar hoping for a better night. Sadly not the place was sparsely populated (guess everyone is waiting for Marky in the Marque next weekend). Checked out DJ Reaction playing a heavy set driving some of the girls off the dance floor though.. and a massive across the board set from Pace which got the dance floor moving again. Fresh stepped up to the decks at 1:30 after a long time setting up with MC Ivory and some random black guy to "dance".

I don't wanna go into too much detail here as Fresh was absolutely shit and who ever the two DJ's who followed are, you're equally as bad, anyboys.

A Highlight for me was MC Ivory's awful ripped jeans, half way through his set the crotch gave way resulting in a large hole at the front of his jeans, I found this quite amusing, especially his face when he noticed.. and the black guy they brought with them to dance on stage. Waste

Pictures:





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol at the honesty Andy...
still, should've come to Rainbow Warehouse, the Dub Soundclash was too sick!

@witts_bntl said...

andy wtf? its Witts