SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 3 May 2008

Pick up a book.

I haven't read a book for some time, in all honesty, not since the last Harry Potter book.. But with Summer slowly emerging and longer days paving the way for more waking hours I felt the need to draw for the literature. Not knowing what's good in the book world I asked my dad for some recommendations in the genre of life changing literature, and after a short browse through Waterstones, emerged with the following -

DSC_7079
The Quincunx by Charles Palliser.

DSC_7078
& The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

I've always found it difficult to read at length after a long time out of the game, and it's an ability I need to re-train myself to do... to all my friends that don't read, fix up and broaden your minds. You might learn some new words to put on your blogs! You might even fool girls/boys into thinking you're cultured.

Yours truly, Mr High & Mighty.

BNTL is for the civilised children.

6 comments:

Phoebe said...

'The Road' is supposed to be mind-blowing. Need to pick that one up myself.

I, too, feel a need to return to my bookwormy youth. My insane uni reading list kinda killed it for me but this Summer is all about getting back on track.

Enjoy 'em!
x

@misterlego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
@misterlego said...

number 26 . . .

http://betterneverthanlate.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-womans-
almost-back-looking-beautiful.html

my summer list should be lived by . . . waterstone so much more about books its about good air conditioning to !

Anonymous said...

reading is for losers*...

Audio book gang when im ere.

:D



*not to be taken seriously

Anonymous said...

oh and its all bout borders!

s said...

go matthew!

revival of the book club!

x