SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 26 August 2008

Notting Hill Carnival...

Monday was my first ever carnival (yes i have been living in a cave all my life and have missed out on so much) and all I can say is 'WOW'.

The Weather held out and the good vibes were flowing like a chilled bottle of supermalt..

Rolled up a bit late and was met by this wall...


031

After banging heads and expecting the worse we were presented with a 'Press Pass', the answer to our prayers and entrance was permitted.

The flourescent wall was so satisfying from this angle...

034

This was the Soundsystem everyone was trying to get too on, arrival I saw why...

036

041

039

040

Drinking beer ladies was a school boy error, the men at the carnival werent shy to say the least. The stench of piss on road was too much for my african hooter. At first I didnt believe it but I can confirm I saw a female squat in a doorway. She obviously spent her last £5 on jerk chicken...

043

Residents charging people to use their toilets. Big look...

035

042

038

Some residents made the most of it, others just coped...

037


The dancers and costumes were immense...

048

Like I said immense...

033

047

050

This baby couldnt have been older that 3 was climbign this fence unaided and once the little rugrat got to the top deciding to hang like he was suspended above a ball pit of summit. Go you little man...

046

I couldnt and still cant believe my eyes...

045

These makeshift soundsystems were scattered all over Notting Hill...

051

And before you knew it the Mavado was turned off, the sun did its final bow and it was hometime...

052


Thank you London. Dont read the papers, the event was a success and I cant wait till next year.

7 comments:

Elijah said...

dat soundsystem is gully

Anonymous said...

my bredrin was on a float and when that riot kicked off at ladbroke grove he was stuck for 2 hours lol...

other than that, i enjoyed it, was only there for like an hour but stil... saw some PENGERS

police on lockdown as usual...

but u know its fucked wen u go to carnival and some boy is wearin a duffel coat :-/

Anonymous said...

nice one ollie!

Unknown said...

that is inflation mon frere, it was £1 when I got there in the morn. nice post

max volume said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
max volume said...

dope post rooboi! bntliens in full carnival effect Sunday & Monday. nothing but respect

Anonymous said...

love it lol
sadly missed it..but you showed me what I have & havnt missed love BNTL!