SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 20 September 2008

Converse are back....

...some say they never left but I say they went through a confused stage =CONFUSED!

IMG_3358

Anyway on Thursday me and Miss Turnover rolled to the Converse press day to check out the latest collection for 2009. I can't show images of any of the shoes but what I can tell you is its time to raid your sneaker wardrobe dust off the cobwebs and start rocking those Chuck Taylors again.

IMG_3356

Some stuff to look out for from Converse is definitely the 1 HUN(RED) collection. Converse have given 100 artist 100 plain shoes to customise in aid of the (RED) charity. From the shoes we were shown it was obvious that each designer were given full control in creating their individual pair.

IMG_3353

Again sorry for the lack of shoe pictures but the general release for the press is January so stay locked to read more soon.

Some pictures from the preview...

IMG_3357

IMG_3351

IMG_3350

IMG_3352


Lets face it Vans is getting played to death right now. I know of a certain someone who owns each pair of the Authentics in every colourway released this year and thats a hell of a lot of colours. I've still got mad love for the Vans tho (check my previous post on Vans) but for now they are hybernating under my bed.

IMG_3362

5 comments:

Matthew Schnickens said...

Dope post Ollie. Will be interesting to see if your comment about Converse being the next big thing comes to pass.. Something new has to come.. People thought it would be Lakai or Supra, but never really materialised.. Converse have a very distinguished history indeed.

@greg_bntl said...

I am interested to know who this person who has every colour of authentics release this year is?

Must admit i've been rocking a few pairs of converse's over the last couple of weeks.

Nice one Mr Danger for this post!

Anonymous said...

Really, that's weird because for a few months I was craving a pair then last week when I was in the U.S. I brought some nice all white ones (cheap!) and since then it's all i've been wearing I was getting sick of all the plimpsoles.

Miss T said...

and here i am tryna defend my love for all my converses while my friends mock me and ask why i've never gotten over them since high school hahaha air forces are just way to expensive in NZ, and sometimes vans are too.. but i've always stayed true to my chucks... wait till those suckers start rockin' them again like they started a trend hahaha

Ishy said...

can't wait...

goin to stock up on them for dirt cheap in the U.S

thanks for the heads up:)