SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Saturday 7 February 2009

Disturbia...

So last Sunday was the launch of my new event 'GOT GOT NEED'. If you dont know then the idea of the night was to have everyone turn up with a vhs or dvd which they then would swap on the night.

People turned up with some great films, I saw Space Jam, Fantasia, Momemto, Ace Ventura. My chosen film was Man on Fire so obviously I was looking out for a good find. After passing over a fair few I eventually went for this...

exdrummer

After reading the sleeve it had all the ingrediants for a good film. Punk handicapped band looking for a drummer. Nice.

Wow. What a mistake that was! Im down for pretty messed up films, people who have seen my collection can vouch for that. BUT this film is the most disturbing film I have ever seen. Worse than Requiem for a Dream, worse than Irreversible, worse than Baise Moi, worse than Ken Park.....this shit was next level.



exdrummer2

If this has got you intrigued The Victoria in Mile End will be doing a special screening of Ex Drummer on Sunday. More info HERE

Shouts to everyone who passed through GOT GOT NEED. Hold tight Kesi et al, Josey Rebelle, Sabina, Ben, Gwyll, Lidia et al, everyone who DJ'd and anyone I forgot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive had ex drummer for a while, i really enjoyed it but yeah it is fucked up! ollie watch visitor Q by miike takashi.... thats REALLY fucked up!

Wil - Haseem said...

As soon as I started hearing Mongoloid I completely ignored the video. Its like watching Beyonce's Single Ladies video 1000 times and not noticing there was music.

@OllieDanger said...

Wil - Haseem please dont mistake this feature for an endorsement. I watched the film thought it was shocking and shared my views. The directors decision to use Mongoloid isnt going to stop me watching the film.