SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Friday 19 February 2010

My 10 Year Love Affair With i-D

Picking up the first issue for 2010 of i-D magazine I realized, me and this magazine had been in a long relationship, longer than any other female I've been with. Our relationship stemming all the way back to the beginning of the year 2000.

I must admit I've done a John Terry the odd month and cheated with the neighbours magazines, I've also gone months without seeing her or returning her calls but in the end I always return because I know she's the one for me, winking with her sparkling eyes.
I cant lie there has been troubled times in our relationship, mostly in the past year and a bit. When the disastrous print industry had laid my lady in a coma due to the recession and the decision to pull the plug on her came ever so close, but each time she's prevailed and came back stronger and harder! Many magazines have come and gone, trying to emulate my ladies success but they ain't got nothing on her great design, fashion shoots and basic relevant content to the city of London and design.

And to those that say my ladies changed for the worse and fallen off, I say nah fuck that she just had to change her approach and style a couple times to spice things up. Nothing stays the same forever, just look at yourself.

I'm sure theres more hardcore collectors out there whose collections stem even further back so hats off to you.

But enough of the mushy stuff below are a a very small amount of covers I've scanned in from issues spanning the past ten years.


img302

img277

img278

img279

img280

img281

img282

img284

img285

img286

img287

img288

img289

img290

img293

img292

img291

img294

img295

img296

img297

img298

img299

img300

img301

-will update later on with a few more covers-

Now I can honestly say, the current issue of the magazine in stores at the moment is great and a must pick up, even if it's just for that fantastic roof top bee keeper shoot.


Loving bntl like a fat kid loves cake.

1 comment: