SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Thursday 9 September 2010

Proud to be a Sticker - Adhesive Advertising

I was in a bookshop about 5 years ago and picked up this book, for whatever reason I didn't buy it on the spot. Since that day i've been searching for this book. I didn't know its name, I didn't even really know what it was about. Any bookshop I went in i'd keep my eye out for a book with a brown cover.

A couple of weeks ago I hit the jackpot and found the it in a little bookshop in Brigton.

The book is titled 'Proud to be a Sticker' and its a selection of stickers from some of the biggest streetwear brands in history.

I love the idea of stickers, they are like a document of an era. Its the same with club night flyers.

Some of my favourite from book...


IMG_2321

IMG_2320

IMG_2322

IMG_2324

IMG_2318

IMG_2319

IMG_2314

IMG_2317

IMG_2316

IMG_2315

IMG_2313

IMG_2309

IMG_2312

IMG_2308

IMG_2307

IMG_2310

IMG_2305

IMG_2303

IMG_2302

IMG_2300

IMG_2299

IMG_2298

IMG_2296

IMG_2295

IMG_2294

IMG_2290

IMG_2287

Some of these stickers stretch back to the early 90's, there's some real history on display.

Looking at this book makes me wish I kept the hundreds of stickers i've received and wasted.

Big shout to Matteo Sola
for putting this book together.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the damage?

Anonymous said...

makes me wana start making stickers again.

Anonymous said...

nice book

Anonymous said...

was there another copy of that???

@OllieDanger said...

I think I paid about £15 or less. There was only one copy there. Its such a hard book to track down because it doesn't have a clear title. It came out in 2005. Definitely worth some effort though....amazing book.

Anonymous said...

Ez Ollie, the book is called "Proud 2 Be a Sticker" and it's by Matteo Sola... Think you'll be alright trying to find it online/ebay still but failing that I have a spare copy if anyone wants/needs/can't live without

@OllieDanger said...

Safe for the info. Just checked Amazon and they have loads....go get your fill.

Unknown said...

http://www.proud2be.net/

Unequal Balance said...

Looks bad.

Just copped it here.

£4.70 + P&P.

Buzzing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110574856776&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Courtney G said...

quick heads up,theres another one releasing soon called Stickers: Stuck Up Piece of Crap – From Punk Rock to Contemporary Art google it