SHOW BLOGGER TOOLBAR

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Lovebox Jukebox #10 Mix + Q&A

Lovebox #10 comes from Josey Rebelle, a girl rolling through every dance with an unrivalled selection that digs deep into the archives. Rinse FM's Josey Rebelle gets the party grooving with the deadliest arsenal of house (Chicago/acid/deep), Detroit techno, boogie, electro, funk, garage, hardcore and jungle.


Lovebox questions:

What is your favourite old / classic track?
I won¹t call it my absolute favourite because then all my other favourite tunes will have proper low self-esteem, but a classic track that never fails to make me feel warm and tingly inside is Genie by BB&Q Band. I used to hear it at my cousin¹s house when I was little and then it took me about 20 years to ID it, but it was worth the wait.

What is current favourite new track?
In all honesty, whatever it is, it probably sounds like it was made in 1987.

What was your first club experience?
I made my magnificent debut on the under-18s jungle scene (lolz), and then I remember graduating to my first proper rave at some club in King¹s Cross. I was shitting myself because I was only 14 and thought the bouncers were going to chuck me out onto the streets. One of the Ragga Twins was eyeing me suspiciously. I think I might have worn lipstick to appear grown up but I probably looked like some kind of child prostitute.

What's your favourite current London club night?
I¹ve been to a couple of parties thrown by Love Fever and have always had an amazing time. When they had Larry Heard over I thought I was actually going to die of happiness right there on the dancefloor. Society¹s acid house-flavoured nights are always so good too.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls Need Love Too. That¹s really, really awful, I can¹t believe I just told you that. She went to my secondary school, that¹s my excuse.

What are the three biggest loves in your life?
Family, bed and colouring pencils.



Tracklist:
Djaimin - Give You
The Nightwriters - Let The Music (Use You)
Cybotron - Cosmic Cars (House Mix)
Professor Funk & The House Brothers - Work Your Body
Addis Posse - Let The Warriors Dance
Sweet Exorcist - Testone
Chaszy Chess & MC Cool Rock - Boot The Booty
Club MCM - Pump Like This
Ragtyme feat. Byron Stingily - I Can't Stay Away (Ron Hardy's Club Mix)
Bassmental feat. Charles Mc Dougald - It's The Music (King Street Club)
Fingers Inc. - Mystery Of Love
Larry Heard - Saga Of The Evil Queen
Ron Trent - Space Ship
Joe Mensah - Africa Is Home

Josey Rebelle has a weekly show on Rinse FM (Fridays 03:00 ­ 05:00 GMT).


No comments: